Slumdog millionaire - Vue Reading (UK) 27/01 20.00

Reclami e segnalazioni dal pubblico
Rispondi
Antonio Marcheselli
Amministratore

Slumdog millionaire - Vue Reading (UK) 27/01 20.00

Messaggio da Antonio Marcheselli »

Screen 3.

This time it's one of the smallest screen, one with TOP masking (max area for FLAT movie, I hate them). We was a bit late so we came into the auditorium during the trailers but no problems because the lights are always on :(

When you install a "top" masking screen, unfortunately you have to compromise. You have to choose if you want to keet optimal brightness for scope - compromising with Flat - or optimal brightness for flat - and give too much light to scope.

Flat trailers were very bright so I was expecting something spectacular with scope.

Actually, the light was uneven and the lamp was slighty flickering, like all the other shows.
I really don't know if it was due to the high brightness (didn't seem so bright to me) but the "white" was incredibly flickering, very very annoying. Perhaps Slumdog was a dark print, I don't know. But the high brightness scenes were really flickering a lot. And the brightness didn't appear too high to me. Perhaps it was just the shutter, that needs to be replaced, or repainted.

The shutter was slightly ourt of phase, but just a bit on the bottom.
The focus was not perfect IMHO, but not so far from perfection.

This time the volume was adequate, but the CP was showing the same 4.5. This can means two thing: 1. poor equalization 2. film with higher volume. I don't know. Does anyone know if the Slumdog Millionaire has to be shown with lower volume that usual?

I could hear the surround, finally, but they were too dull IMHO. Subs was present too, but dry, low and distant. Front channels were the same of all the other screens, same identical quality. With the correct volume I could hear the KCS typical sound :)

The projectionist job was spotless, as usual. Please note that this print is running since 9th of January. The entire movie is spotless, just few spots around splices, but just a few and a major black spot during a reel change.
I saw a scratch during a reel, I think that all the reel was scratched, just that the scratch couldn't be seen all the time. But since the rest of the movie was spotless, I suppose lab's fault. Same small jump at every splice, and one lab's splice removed, very jumpy.
The lights has been turn on at the right moment, after the final dance. It's a pity that Valkyrie didn't have the same treatment.

The aperture plate/lens need to be slightly adjusted, because some shadow could be seen either in flat and in scope.

The audience clapped out at the end :)

Temperature very nice.

This is the forth movie I saw here. I must say that all prints have the same quality. This quality is approx like a very good print you can find in Italy (the worst was Valkyrie). Prints usually are not dirty, the colors do not change from reel to reel and no major problems.

Projection quality is quite costant, and very good.

I did not like too much the movie, I was expecting much better.

Movie: 6
Sound: 6
Picture: 7.5 (with flickering: 4)
Proj's work: 8

Overall: 4 (the lights)

Bye
A
Sono sale per grandi pubbici e ciò rende doverose proiezioni per grandi popolazioni
Spettatore Anonimo

Galazzi Eraldo
Utente 35mm

Re: Slumdog millionaire - Vue Reading (UK) 27/01 20.00

Messaggio da Galazzi Eraldo »

Scusa,Antonio,potresti cortesemente riscrivere il testo in italiano,per favore?Grazie e buon lavoro ciao
NON CI SONO PROBLEMI MA SOLO SOLUZIONI (Jeff Bridges dal film TRON della Walt Disney,1981) LUPO ULULA' E CASTELLO ULULI' (Marty Feldman dal film FRANKENSTEIN JUNIOR della 20' Century Fox,1975)

Antonio Marcheselli
Amministratore

Re: Slumdog millionaire - Vue Reading (UK) 27/01 20.00

Messaggio da Antonio Marcheselli »

Passalo per google :)

Ciao
A
Sono sale per grandi pubbici e ciò rende doverose proiezioni per grandi popolazioni
Spettatore Anonimo

Rispondi