Seven Punds - VUE Reading - UK - Jan, 18th - 20.30

Reclami e segnalazioni dal pubblico
Rispondi
Antonio Marcheselli
Amministratore

Seven Punds - VUE Reading - UK - Jan, 18th - 20.30

Messaggio da Antonio Marcheselli »

I've been told that cinema is one of the best thing to improve my english so why don't follow my teacher's suggestion?

We came to the screen during the commercials, that are much funnier than ours.
It should be the biggest auditorium. The frame was really shaking a lot, while in Flat. And it continued to shake with all ne following commercials and trailers, so I believe that the maltese cross of that projector just needs some service.

The light was fully on during the commercials. Then they switched them off (BUT the safety lights, they are a different circuit) with the trailers. The volume was not so low for comm and trailers, but not offending.
The brightness was higher than the previous screen, I'd say very adequate.
The image was well framed and I must say that around splices and between trailers there were no signs of poor projectionst's work. Even a VUE commercial and a logo to have the mobile phone shut down was in good shape.

The lens changed and the movie started.
The brightness was lower in scope rather than in flat in my opinion, even if adequate. Unfortunately the light was really flickering, you could see the arch of the Xenon moving on the screen, what a pity. The picture was still jumping even if in scope (but lesser of course) si I suppose that something was wrong with the maltese cross or with the maltese sprocket.

The print was very good, even if not perfectly gfocused. Rich colours and just a bit of lab dirt. As usual, seems that here a bad print can happens, while in IT a good print can happens.
The splices was very good made, just the same jump in the image for the overlied splice.
The sound was SDDS, I saw the Sony processor in the booth with the reader on.

The sound was very good, very very good. But no surround, just a bit of sub and..... VERY LOW VOLUME...... The processor was showing an awful -9.0dB during the credit. :( :(
This was really bad. The sound was really "adequate", meaning that you can clearly hear the dialogue, but you jave have to put too much attention on it. I'd say at least 1 point below the needed volume.

Of course, during the first 40 minutes, it was harder since the ENTIRE CROWD wa eating and crunking and driking.

(I will continue later)

Here I am. The shop was going to close and I had to shut my computer off.
Now I'm at home, and the wifi is still here :)

About the patrons: you know, when you're at the cinema you try to be as quite as possibile, taking the popcorn from the top and cruncking them with your mouth closed.
NOT HERE! :)

You will hear many guys chewing their food with their mouth open. There was a guy near me that was taking the popcorn from the BOTTOM of the bucket, it was drilling the popcorn all the time. It was so distracting that at some point I looked at him, and the guy that was next to me looked at me laughing with me about that rude guy...

However, when all the food and all the drinks got out, the auditorium was finally surrounded by silence (yeah, since the surround speakers are very low, that was the only think that was surrounding us!!)

(again, I will continue later sorry)

Here I am again. There was the dinner and the connection is going up and down.

Well, the sound was good: dialogues were very clear and crisp, and low frequencies, the few ones I heard, was good even if the volume was low. But the volume was too low - my friend faisal complained with me about it too - and there were no or few surrounds. Only front channels.

At the end of the movie, during a moment of silence, I could hear some HUM in the auditorium, they should check all the connections.

However I must admit that they're showing great presentation in term of quality of projectionist's work. The lab splice are all removed and there is barely the sign of the projectionist's job. Well done.
They should change the lamp, raise the volume and have that aperture plate be set up, it was showing itself on the right.

The analog sound was good, it dropped between trailers (as usual with SDDS processors) and showed perfect balance. The SDDS dropped once during reel 1, but was barely noticeable.

Unfortunately due to that lights on during the movie I will not give more than 4 as a final mark. This time I will give 3.5 because the lamp was really shaking.

Whithout the lights turned on during the show I would give 6. But it's just not projectionist's fault, as soon as they're notsupposed to choose for the volume level, I suppose it's something choosen by the company.

And, what a pity, I heard the end of the movie while I was on the train from Signa to Pisa from a group of young girls... Unfortunately I was expecting the very depressing final.

About the movie: it's really good, but it's a bit too slow, too long. I would cut off 30 minutes of it.

Bottom line: VUE must turn off the light and raise the volume :)
Sono sale per grandi pubbici e ciò rende doverose proiezioni per grandi popolazioni
Spettatore Anonimo

Rispondi