Yes Man - Vue Cinemas Reading (UK) screen 6

Reclami e segnalazioni dal pubblico
Rispondi
Antonio Marcheselli
Amministratore

Yes Man - Vue Cinemas Reading (UK) screen 6

Messaggio da Antonio Marcheselli »

So...

This building was owned by Warner Village before. And you can really see it! The signs and the auditoria are typical from WV with that yellow "cone" at the walls, the slide machine on the other window and a V5 on the main window! :)

We was a bit late so we come to the cinema during the trailers. The picture is slightly out of frame but just a bit. You can see from the trailer black band, but mostly from the UK "green band", some text on black with signatures on it that certificate that the movie is for all audiences (in my case it was not). There was a square around the text up to the entire frame and at the bottom of the screen it went out of the screen, but just a bit.

I must say that the projectionist did a very good job. No scratches - even on trailers - no dirty. I had trouble identifying reel changes (yes man does not have cue marks). The only complain is that the splices were all overlayed so you can see the image jump a bit.
There was only one lab splice, but it has been removed. But the image jumped a lot when it passed. However no signs of anything around the splice, good job.

The movie was in DTS, saw the reader head with the green light. The sound was just "good" I mean that surrounds was very very low, the same with SW. The front channels were well balanced and good, with just a bit of muffling on the dialogs and perhaps too many HF above 5K, but just a bit.
I suppose it was a technicolor print since I was able to hear the "prrrr" of the anti piracy in the sound. Since it was DTS the system did not drop in SR so I cannot say if their analog system was ok.

However I must admit that the presentation was good.

Negative point:
- Light was slightly low. You can see the light a bit instable and the white was not perfectly white.
- There was something on the aperture plate on the bottom right. During the last reel an hair appeared on the top right.
- The volume was low. I'd say 6 for a 7.0 movie. One point lower than the needed.

The assistant at box office was really kind. We went in the afternoon and asked for a ticked for 6.30 with our student card. He asked us where we like to seat and gave us our tickets.
I was checking them while leaving when I realized that the time was wrong, 4.00!! we come back and he was really kind exchanging them with the correct ones.

The box office was closed, they make tickets from the concession stands.

The print was not what I was expecting. It was just "good". The last reel was slightly brighter but nothing terrible. It was clean, but not spotless. The focus was not so good and it was not perfectly stable. Just "good".

So I would say 6.5 of 10 in general.

But there's a small detail I didn't mention. Vue - I knew it - keep THE LIGHT ON DURING THE ENTIRE MOVIE!!!! Just some kind of security light like the one we keep on trailers in WV. This is absolutely unacceptable to me. Absolutely. It's a movie theater and light must be turned off at the beginning of the movie, period.

So the 6.5 become a 4.0 of 10. Sorry Vue.

Bye
Antonio
Sono sale per grandi pubbici e ciò rende doverose proiezioni per grandi popolazioni
Spettatore Anonimo

Gio
Utente 35mm
Contatta:

Re: Yes Man - Vue Cinemas Reading (UK) screen 6

Messaggio da Gio »

Antonio Marcheselli ha scritto:[cuttete]
But there's a small detail I didn't mention. Vue - I knew it - keep THE LIGHT ON DURING THE ENTIRE MOVIE!!!! Just some kind of security light like the one we keep on trailers in WV. This is absolutely unacceptable to me. Absolutely. It's a movie theater and light must be turned off at the beginning of the movie, period.

[ri-cuttete]
Io scrivo, però in italiano (già m'intrippo con quello :) )

La luce???? Accesa??? Durante il film???? Bassa quanto vuoi ma... ma... ma... cos'è? L'effetto "salotto"? Ogni tot fan suonare il campanello o il telefono per farti sentire a casa????
O vi è un virus che riduce la visione notturna nei paraggi???? :picchiatesta:
Giovanni Zampieri
La petite Lumière cinemultisala - Belluno

Antonio Marcheselli
Amministratore

Yes, I can't find words to describe how I was disappointed with it.
Sono sale per grandi pubbici e ciò rende doverose proiezioni per grandi popolazioni
Spettatore Anonimo

Mauro
Moderatore

Messaggio da Mauro »

Ricordo al sig. admin che qui non siamo nel blog e bisogna scrivere in italiano... :kcs: :kcs:
"Only the projectionist gets final cut" (W.Friedkin)

Daniele Buttafava
Utente 35mm

Messaggio da Daniele Buttafava »

Hi hi!!! :hahaha: :hahaha:
L'Admin cazziato dal Mod! :marameo:
....Lunga vita e prosperità!

Antonio Marcheselli
Amministratore

e ti cazzio io... La recensione del Vue di Reading se permetti la faccio in inglese, a chi interessa in Italiano!!!

:picchiatesta:
Spettatore Anonimo

mbarsot
Utente 35mm

Messaggio da mbarsot »

maybe I've been away for too long, but...how comes we have all these english postings lately ?

(tomorrow Australia!)

Antonio Marcheselli
Amministratore

check the reading thread in giardinetti.

Bye
A
Spettatore Anonimo

Rispondi